silver skies photography

Sunday

Reifel Bird Sanctuary

This afternoon, my sister, Mer, and I spent a few hours down at the Reifel Bird Sanctuary.  With binoculars and cameras, we scouted out just under half of the 850 acres of protected wildlife, wetlands, and marshes.  Over 280 species of birds can be found here on Westham Island (Delta, BC), from Snow Geese, to Owls, to Great Blue Herons, to Black-Capped Chickadees. I would have loved to post more photos, but I chose a few of my faves.

You can buy bags of birdseed for .50 cents.  Look at them go crazy - you would think they were starving...
Male and female Mallards - I bet they are a couple
"Go stick your head in a hole" is the equivalent to, "Go sleep on the couch!"  Hahaha
Mer fed the black-capped chickadees...
...and so did I.  Their little feet tickled as they landed.  It took me a couple attempts to get this shot as I was also behind the camera.

A cute little owl that one of the staff pointed out. Sleeping in a holly tree!

Some colourful, but poisonous mushrooms.  Don't eat them!
We were there so late, it started to get dark.
So serene.
From the look-out tower.
Trees framing the trail.
The ducks didn't pay their 'bills'
They're quacking down on seat belt laws...

1 comment:

jamiedelaine said...

Cute photos Eileen!